Ad ID: 1866
Added: October 1, 2019
Sale Price: R550000
Regular price: R600000
Location: South Africa
2002 BMW e46 M3 Race Car
Car was purchased for conversion to full race specification
*Car built by Freddie Pretorius of Fast Development at Zwartkops .
– ARP conrod bolts
– Std sub-assembly
– Cylinders checked for wear and tear, original manufacturing “honing” markings visible to engine, cylinder head removed and upgraded.
– Last 3 years oil tests were clean, refer to Freddie at Fast Development at Zwartkops
cylinder head recon and flow, Schrick cams installed
– E92 M3 engine oil cooler
– Additional power steering oil cooler
– Throttle sensors virtually new as well as high pressure gasoline pump
– Puleys adjusted on alternator and power steering
– Power steering hydraulic pipes replaced with braided hoses
– Solid engine mountings
– Replaced all cooling pipes with silicon hoses and aluminum pipes
– Plastic coolant reservoir has been replaced with race-type aluminum reservoir
– Viscous fan removed and replaced with electric fan
– High flow exhaust system with single exhaust, std exhaust manifold
– ECU std, ram-map tuning done.
-217wkW under load at SAC dyno in Pietersburg
– The car is set to run on 95 octane or Racing fuel.
Gearbox and diff:
-Std 6-speed M3 gearbox (Bought second hand at the end of last year, came from M3 with just 15000km on odo)
– Short-shift system
– Std 3.6 diff replaced with 3.91 diff ratio, great acceleration off turns and off the line
– Replaced all the necessary bushes with aluminum and vesconite bushes
– Std M3 LS, works great
– H&R Racing coilover shocks, damping and rebound separately adjustable.
– Front adjustable camber plates.
– All necessary bushes replaced with aluminum, vesconite and rose joints. The car has great and very direct steering response
– Adjustable rear lower control arms
– Std stabilizers, no need for others
Wheels and brakes:
– Koya Racing Wheels, 10 1/2 J – Can drive with 265s or 285s
– Two sets of wheels, never bent or damaged
spacers as needed for front and rear
– Front brakes are F30 3-series Sportpack brakes, 4-pot calipers, disks dimpled and slotted, with Endless pads virtually new rear calipers with Sportpack discs and Endless pads
– Braided hoses – racing brake fluid from Racing International
– Std M3 ABS, works great, never needed to change
– Rollcage built by Fast Dev, touring car spec, 16 attachment points to floor, pillars and nose of the car.
– Cobra Racing seats – driver 6-point harness, OMP HANS device ready – Passenger 4-point ATS harness
– AIM Mycron 5 Data logger with predictive patch timing (optional extra)
– Quick release MOMO steering wheel
– Sabertrip Rally Odo (optional extra)
– Water sprayer system for extra cooling of radiators especially for tar rides, Time-Attack rallies and short track time trials (optional extra)
– Standard handbrake retained for hairpin turns on tar rides, Time-Attack rallies and short track time trials
– Aponge padding to roll cage as needed.
– Double petrol pump system in tank, std fuel tank.
– Carbon fiber bonnet, roof panel and boot
– Fiber-glass / honeycomb composite doors.
– Carbon Fibre composite splitter (new)
– Lexan panes, formed in oven on original curved profiles of the glass panes, therefore do not look glued or torn, look perfectly standard but at a fraction of the glass panes weight
This M3 is an absolute phenomenal race car to drive. Extremely stable in all conditions, under acceleration from turns, under braking at high speeds and in turns.
No understeer and no oversteer unless you drive like a pig.
In Bridgestone Challenge 2016, 3rd in Class C and 5th overall.
2017 1st Class C and 3rd overall.
Pta All Tar Rally 2016: Overall and Class 1 and King of the Mountain title.
Michellin Cup SA, various class winner events as well as 1st overall and podiums at much faster Subaru STi’s
– It is an ideal car to learn to ride on the track, extremely indulgent, but very fast in driving conditions, both on semi-slicks as well as slicks.
– The M3 weighs + – 300kg lighter than a standard E46 M3, stops and turns incredibly well.
It’s a no-nonsense get in and drive race car.
The car is still legally registered and licensed. Can ride on the track with him and return home afterwards.
Only damage before:
I’m down to Gerotek’s Dynamic handling track’s lower hairpin turn due to gravel on the brake line, damaged bumper and radiator, replaced with new OEM parts, no structural damage ever.
From rebuilding I traveled a total of 6000km.
I’m looking at R550k, but will consider realistic offers.
Test drive on Zwartkops available, Tester to pay the running costs for two drivers, and for a Wednesday free-practice.
Arrangements must be made with at least 1 week in advance.